3.1.08

an introduction

Hi.

I'm One Guy and welcome to my blog. If you've stumbled across this post from somewhere, and aren't finding any content more recent, it likely means you're far more net-savvy than I. This is why I have a blogger.com blog, made from a stock template which has been oh-so cleverly tweaked to meet my wants (note the red hyperlinks!), whereas you may well own a collection of domain names, many of which aren't in use but are kept around for sentimental purposes.

Back to me. I've been working in, around, or with wine for a little over 5 years now and frankly, I love the stuff. It hasn't always been this way, but it's a place I've grown into and it fits me well. I've worked a variety of jobs that have involved wine; everything from being a busboy to restaurant manager, importer, agent, retailer and educator. The problem is that they've always just been jobs, even the ones I really love (like the work I do now). Jobs were always a means to an end, except the end itself was never really considered in that process. I'm not content to work just jobs anymore, meandering along with a loose sense of connection to life without having a particular path in mind. Being able to look back on my life and see something that I've created is growing increasingly important for me, and so, changes are afoot! Big changes!

This blog is about me, One Guy, selling off most of his possessions, taking out massive loans, and moving to New Zealand to study winegrowing. They call it winemaking, but we all know better - I would never claim to be a yeast culture!

No comments: